Every Rabbi-led Saturday Service ends with a Kiddush. An opportunity for our congregation to socialize and enjoy a Kiddush table, in keeping with the injunction to delight in the Shabbat.
A list of member names is assigned to oversee each Shabbat Kiddush for each Saturday Service on the 2021-2022 calendar. Each member is assigned a corresponding number or code next to their name. Codes correspond to the item(s) each member is responsible for bringing:
2) Fresh fruit or dried figs, dates.
3) Cake and/or cookies
4) Fruit juice – One large bottle and some water
At the bottom you will find the complete list of Kiddush duties. We anticipate 20 to 25 people each monthly session. If it is a special occasion, we will ask people to bring more food or we will order sandwiches – The wine will be provided.
A List of Members Responsible for the Shabbat Kiddush will be contacted by phone.
- Place food in the kitchen
- Retrieve paper plates, serving dishes etc. from basement and arrange food.
- Put Bima cover on the front table and tablecloths on the two tables at the back of the room.
- People should be able to move around the two tables.
- Chairs at the back may have to be moved to leave space for people to mingle.
- Put food out on tables and cover food
12:00 before Rabbi finishes service (during announcements)
- Pour the wine and juice
- Unwrap the food
- Take all garbage and leftover food home
- Clean off tables
- Put chairs back
- Put all linen and dishes back in storage area
- Sweep floor if dirty around food area
- If linen is dirty, take to cleaners and /or wash and press.
- Turn all lights out
Thank you to this year’s organizers.
Notes – If you cannot participate, please try to trade with someone else. A phone list should be available to all members to coordinate amongst themselves. Contact us if you have any questions.